Who we are
Gay Men’s Group (GMG) is a group of HIV men who meet weekly in central London to provide peer-to-peer support for a wide range of issues including HIV, Hepatitis, mental health and well-being.
Our members have come to live in London from all over the UK, Europe and the Rest of the World. We also frequently welcome HIV positive gay travelers, visiting London.
This website is funded by members of the group and is independent of all other organisations.
What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact GMG.
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our newsletters
- how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
Why we need it
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use GMG. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, for example improving site search.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on GMG
- how long you spend on each GMG page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
We also collect data in order to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, respond to any feedback you send us, and if you’ve asked us to send email alerts to users who request them
- provide you with information about local services if you want it.
What we do with your data
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at any stage, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
Your personal data may, throughout the course of its processing at GDS, be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Where this is the case, all appropriate technical and legal safeguards will be put in place to ensure that you are afforded the same level of protection as within the EEA.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with us.
Third Party Links
Contact the Information Commissioner
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Textphone: 01625 545860
Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF